Firstly, we would like to take this opportunity to thank all of you for your loyalty and support during this time, our on-going success very much depends on clients like you!
With the exciting news that we can re-open our doors on the 4 July 2020, following the new government guidelines and recommendations from industry professionals, we’ve put together this guide which we kindly ask you to read before attending your next appointment. We really want your new salon experience to be one where you can continue to sit back, relax and truly get pampered…
So, what can you expect from us?
- All of our tools and equipment will be cleaned and sterilised after each client
- We will clean, disinfect and sanitise all workstations and backwashes after every use
- We store our implements in Barbicide following the correct sterilisation procedures
- Automatic dispensers for hand sanitation and washing will be made available
- Disposable items will be used wherever possible, such as towels, gowns and gloves (eco-friendly and biodegradable of course!)
- Our team will wear the appropriate PPE equipment following government guidelines, so we may look a little different but we are smiling under our masks – promise!
- Our staff will wash their hands after every single client and throughout servicing where necessary, using the handwashing technique as set out by the WHO
- All non-essential items have been removed throughout the salon
- Payment devices will be disinfected after every transaction, as well as door handles and handrails being disinfected at regular intervals throughout the day
- We will request Apple/Google Pay/contactless transactions where possible and won’t be accepting any cash
- We are checking in with staff daily to ensure they are healthy and well and have not been in contact with anyone who has symptoms or contracted the Covid-19 virus
- All staff have been trained and understand the correct sanitation and disinfection practices and procedures consistent with the current highest industry standards; Barbicide and Barbicide®Covid-19
- All of our disinfectants are EPA-registered
- Unfortunately, we cannot offer any refreshments at this time, except water
- Last but not least, we will welcome you with a big friendly smile and can’t wait to see you!
… and what do we expect from you?
- Visits to the salon are by appointment only and we cannot take any walk-ins – as much as we love to see you we can’t permit any casual pop-ins, which means we also cannot make appointments in-salon
- If you need to make an appointment please use our online booking service or download our App, unfortunately, we will not be taking calls at the salon at this time, if you need to speak to us please drop us an email via our contact page and we will call you within 24hrs
- We ask that you attend the salon at the time of your appointment, there may be a slight wait time whilst we sterilise our station, however, you can now enjoy our outdoor seating area whilst you wait and we will invite you in once we’re ready to start your service
- As announced by the government, from 8 August face coverings are mandatory for all customers visiting the salon.
- We do love to get social, but let’s remember to keep our distance
- You will be asked to wash or sanitise your hands upon arrival, before we gown, seat and start to pamper you
- We will also ask for a Covid-19 Check form to be completed upon arrival if you were unable to do so prior to your appointment.
- As mentioned, we can only take contactless payments which means stylists will receive tips at their own discretion
- Hey, make sure you travel light and limit all personal belongings, as all personal belongings must be kept with you
- We will ask you to sterilise any electrical devices upon entry, we understand that you may have to work, so let’s keep it safe!
- Please come to your appointment alone, it’s for the safety of all our lovely clients and awesome staff
- We love little people, so it’s sad for us to say that we cannot allow babies and small children in the salon at this time unless they are scheduled for an appointment, in which they can be accompanied by 1 adult if under 10 years old.
- We understand that some services can take up to 4 hours, but, no food or drinks can be consumed in the salon – only still or sparkling water which we will provide
- Yes, it’s hay fever season and we can all get the sniffles at times, however, please do not come into the salon if you have any cold or flu symptoms to minimise any risk
- If you have come into contact with anyone who has contracted the Covid-19 virus in the last 14 days please reschedule your appointment, we’ve waited this long, what’s a couple more weeks, hey?!
- If you have travelled in the last 14 days, please follow guidelines set out by the government and NHS to self-isolate before making an appointment
We are happy to answer any queries you may have about the extra measures we have put in place to provide for the safety of you and our staff.
So now that’s all out of the way, we’re really happy to welcome you back… So please come, relax and enjoy your service!
Looking forward to seeing you really soon,
From Our Super Excited Team at Cognito Hair
Updated: 17th August 2020